Could you attend our online event as a guest speaker on 27th of November?

Dear Audrey Tang,

I am a sub-chief editor of a website named “Nikkei Woman Empowerment Consortium” (https://woman.nikkei.com/WEC/) in Japan. This website was started in 15th May, 2020. Our company, Nikkei Business Publications, Inc. is the subsidiary of Nikkei Inc. which is the biggest business newspaper company of Japan.

As World Economic Forum announced, Japan was 121st place in The Global Gender Gap Index 2020 rankings. In order to minimize the gap between genders (not only men and women but also all genders), the Nikkei group made the Nikkei Woman Empowerment Consortium. We have now announced Japanese enterprises to join our Consortium and make a change in Japanese society. Our Consortium’s name has “woman” inside, but we would like to pursue the society which everyone can live with self-confidence regardless of gender.

Now, we believe diversity will be the key factor of economic development. So, we will have events in Tokyo on 27th of November, 2020(People can attend this meeting online ). We are appreciated if you would kindly attend this meeting (online or offline) as a guest speaker who send a message that diversity is very important factor for pleasant society. And also, I would be grateful if you could record your from about 30 minuites to 1 hour speech and send to us by e-mail.

If you will attend this meeting, the article about your speech will be put not only on our websites but also the Nikkei newspaper and Financial times (FT is part of Nikkei Inc.).

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Sincerely yours,
Maiko Oda

Sub-chief editor of Nikkei Woman Empowerment Consortium

Nikkei Business Publications, Inc.
4-3-12 Toranomon
Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8308 JAPAN

Hi! Thank you for the invitation. I’m fully packed that day from 9am to 7pm though and unable to participate in person, but I’m happy to contribute a pre-recorded message as long as I can also publish it under the CC BY 4.0 license.