Follow-up questions to a meeting with online media group

Dear Audrey,
Thank you for our meeting last week. It was fascinating and I would like to do an article about you and your new democracy model. I have some follow-up questions to our conversation:

1. I asked about technology and the crisis of democracy. you gave a very interesting answer about social media and the effects of what you termed as the “emotional disease” it helps spread - and how to deal with it. But there is another aspect to the technological affects: the automatisation and the social discontent it creates - when estimations talk about 30%-40% of the jobs in today’s world that will become obsolete in the coming decades. what do you think about this aspect and what do you think can be done to ease the social cost of the changes?
  2. You gave 1 example of the new online democracy you initiated in Taiwan - about the conditions of terminal cancer patients. Can you give 2-3 more examples of petitions that where supported through this model (if possible - 1 example of not a success story)?
  3. How do you force relevant government offices to cooperate with the online petitions, and politicians and government officials being what they are, how do you make sure they don’t use their usual tricks to ignore the petitions?

And few more personal questions (I apologize in advance of I’m being too direct):
4. Is it true that your IQ is 180?
5. Can you describe the process you went through in changing your gender?
6. You made history being the first transgender minister in the world. But you are rather unique in many other aspects - do you think your life story can be an example to the way transgender people are being treated in Taiwan today?
7. Do you think your life story can be an example to transgender people around the world? Is there a message you want to give transgender teenagers in different places about how to deal with the difficulties they are facing?
8. Can you elaborate about the concept of conservative anarchist? And how is it like to be an anarchist minister?
Thanks again for your time.

Asaf Ronel
Haaretz

1. I pray for a future where we gradually disentangle the idea of work and the idea of a job, and make human learning collaborative with machine learning.

2. Recently, there is a a relatively simple case of petitioning for equal access to tax-filing systems for users of non-Windows systems, which successfully resulted in a collaborative relationship between government and civil society to improve the tax-filing experience next year; the petition to enact a Program Management Improvement Accountability Act in Taiwan has a similar result. As of a not-so-successful story, the petition to change the yearly calendar to Common Era fizzled because all Ministries consider it out of their scope — it may be more suited to the upcoming parliamentary e-petition system.

3. We do not make use of normal forces, so the usual tricks do not apply. Shuyang Lin, our re:architect, describes herself as someone who “magnetizes civil servants to work collaboratively and creatively”. A flow of e-petition work is demonstrated in this video.

4. No, my height is 180 cm. It often gets confused.

5. Sure, it’s described in detail in this interview with Max Kalkhof.

6. I would not presume to think any individual can be an example to any people… Personally, I think my life story is more prefigurative than representative.

7. I talked about this a bit in the Madrid Interparliamentary Plenary Session on June 29.

8. This is elaborated in this interview with Martin Legros.

1個讚