Interview on the future of citizen participation (CitizenLab)

Hi Audrey,

As mentioned in my previous email, CitizenLab is currently working on a white paper on the future of citizen participation. Our ambition behind the whitepaper is to contribute to the knowledge sharing of thought-leaders or experts within the field of (digital) citizen participation. I’ve listed a few questions below we’d love to hear your thoughts on, which we’d like to publish as an interview in the whitepaper scheduled for the end of January 2020. Our questions are:

1. You have a background in the private sector. Do you believe only governments have the responsibility to digitalize democracies, or do other actors also have a role to play?

2. How can governments best stimulate, utilize and collaborate with civic hackers?

3. What do you perceive as the main challenges for governments who are developing a digital democracy? What would be your advice to them?

4. Many governments struggle with innovating the internal processes necessary for the successful implementation of digital citizen participation. Based on your experience, what learnings could you share with them in this regard?

5. What developments in digital democracy are you looking forward to seeing further evolve in the coming years? What do you perceive as your priorities as Digital Minister Taiwan?

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions about the whitepaper or process.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Evy