關於台灣政府控制假訊息的若干問題

唐委員您好:

I am an American scholar writing on free speech and combating disinformation in a free society. I’m very interested in your work in Taiwan. I have a few questions.

In your YouTube talk, when explaining the rapid response meme policy, you said, “We have evidence to show that everybody who have seen this clarification through the community will never share the original disinformation again.” Could you share what that evidence is? How do you know people do not share the disinformation again?

A Brookings Institution report said, “Data-driven analysis from the Taiwan government’s partnerships with Line, Facebook, and the Internet Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) shows that counter-disinformation techniques have the greatest impact when they happen very quickly — within one hour of the disinformation going viral. After about five hours, there is almost no impact to responses, although the malign information can live online and recirculate for 18 months or more.” (https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2020/09/15/taiwans-unlikely-path-to-public-trust-provides-lessons-for-the-us/). Can you explain where that five-hour figure came from?

如果您願意用中文回答, 也沒問題. 謝謝.